Tuesday 22 June 2010

Solar Power, The Monkey's Nuts.

I have been looking for quite while now for a solution to my power requirements when out and about on the road. Most of us now carry some form of mobile communications device such as mobile phones, laptops, PDA's and suchlike. Using these constantly takes it's toll on the old battery life and occasionally I find myself with no power and no means to get it via plugs.

So today, I have invested in a solar monkey and power monkey combo, which as you can see from the pictures are capable of powering and recharging my iPad and mobile phone via the solar panel charging unit and power monkey battery unit, which is small and lightweight enough to carry in your pocket or briefcase without too much annoyance. The battery unit is capable of a full charge of a mobile device and will sit quite happily for up to a year waiting for that emergency power charge.

The power monkey battery unit is pre charged either at home via plug or can be linked to the solar panel power monkey unit to charge from the sun. Free power is always a good way to start. So whilst testing the units this afternoon, I sat in the sunshine and enjoyed a cold beer while the solar panel did it's job suppling me with free power to use and charge my tech.

All in all, I think the above units are a good and safe power solution to most mobile devices and are cheap enough and small enough to carry around with you on a day to day basis. Especially if you know you have a busy day ahead on the phone or laptop in the middle of nowhere.

And finally, if that is not enough to tempt you tech and gadget freaks out there then think about this. There is no better feeling than sitting in the sun drinking cold beer and cheating the electricity company out of a few pennies with free power from the sun.
Paul Martin.
Media Attention Ltd.
www.media-attention.co.uk

Posted via email from Media Attention Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment