Thursday 17 June 2010

Behind The Scenes At Royal Ascot.

This week I am filming for five days at Royal Ascot, possibly one of the biggest horse racing meetings in the UK, not counting the Grand National. This is the fifth time I have filmed here and it is always a good event to be asked to work at, especially when the weather is at it's best and the sun is shining.

Here you can see John McCrirrick, of Sky At The Races talking with a colleague live into the racing programme, and the Soundman trying in vain to turn him down a bit. A very difficult job in any circumstances. Having said that, John is one of the nicest people to work with in live broadcasting because he certainly knows his horse racing, and his unpredictability in front of camera makes for an entertaining days work.

Ascot itself, since the big rebuild years ago, is a pleasure to work at. The grounds and the main stand are a stunning sight to see, and when the sun is out on Ladies day, the champers is flowing the fun starts and a good day is generally had by all. I like working here for obvious reasons and the fact that we, as the press, are very well catered for and well looked after.

Below is a picture of the Media village secreted away from the main stand where all the technical bods, satellite trucks and direction for the whole five days take place. My live camera is attached by digital wireless link to a SISLink truck, where my pictures are relayed via satellite to Melbourne in Australia, as I am working all week for Sky TV Australia.

I hope you liked a brief insight behind the scenes at Royal Ascot. I have taken plenty of pictures which I hope to post at another time, but for now, I have to be back at work in half an hour for day three. Take care, and bye for now.


Paul Martin.
Media Attention Ltd.
www.media-attention.co.uk

Posted via email from Media Attention's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment